You Are About To Request Your
Marriage License !
There Are A Few Basic
Requirements For You As You
Proceed Through The Form.
- Please Use Only LEGAL NAMES – this is the name that appears on your birth certificate.
- Use full names only – single initials in names- UNLESS THEY APPEAR ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE – are not accepted by the State Of California.
- If you have changed your name since birth through another process other than marriage/divorce you will be required to show documentation of that change.
- If you have no middle name – please indicate that by using “dash dash” ( – – ) , DO NOT USE “NO MIDDLE NAME” “NA” or any other words that do not appear on your birth certificate.
- Please provide your parents FULL NAMES – as they appear on your birth certificate. If they have no middle name – please indicate that by using “dash dash” ( – – ) , DO NOT USE “NO MIDDLE NAME” “NA” or any other words that do not appear on your birth certificate.
- Remember your mother’s maiden name is the name she had before she met your father. You will be required to provide your legal birth certificate if your parents have matching last names.
- Remember your father was not born a Senior, he became one after your brother was born. So Do not use the designation of “SR” after your father’s name, unless it appears on your birth certificate.
- If your name contains accent marks over or behind letters, please remove them. The State of California will not accept diacritical marks of any sort.
- If you have been legally married and divorced previously, you will be required to provide the date, the number of times of marriage and how the marriage ends.
- If you have been divorced within the last 12 months, you will be required to show the stamped dissolution of marriage document from the Superior Court. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Last but not least, you will be required to provide a copy of your Current – Not Expired – Legal Picture ID. You may also be required to provide your Birth Certificate.
State Driver’s License
State Issued ID Card
United States Military ID
United States Issued Passport
Foreign Country Issued Passport
Note: if using an ID type not listed, please call for verification. Some Foreign IDs require supporting documentation to be accepted.